San Bernardino Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Advocating on Your Behalf While You Recover From Your Injuries
California has the highest number of licensed drivers in the country, which means that traffic accidents are much more common, as well. Motorcycle accidents are often the most serious of all such accidents. Motorcyclists have very little protection in a collision, even when they are wearing high-quality helmets and protective clothing. Operators of other vehicles have the added safety of a seat belt, air bags, and encasement inside their vehicle, while motorcyclists don't. As a result, a devastatingly high percentage of motorcycle accidents result in catastrophic injuries. Even at low speeds, a collision could throw a motorcyclist from their bike and cause serious brain injury, broken bones, spinal cord injury, or wrongful death.
Get started on your case today by contacting us at (888) 499-3889.
Tips to Help Strengthen Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were 574 motorcycle fatalities in 2017 in the state of California, only 41 of which were not wearing a helmet. Even with the proper protective gear, riding a motorcycle is inherently dangerous. Motorcyclists are often frowned upon and blamed for these accidents due to the stigma that motorcyclists are reckless. This may be the case in some accidents, but most motorcycle accidents are the result of negligence and distracted drivers.
Remembering the following steps can help strengthen your case:
- Get immediate medical attention. Even if you don't feel injured, get a medical examination as soon as possible. Delaying medical treatment can seriously hinder your insurance claim.
- Gather evidence at the scene. If you are physically able to, gather as much evidence as you can. This includes photos, the other driver's information, exact date, time, and location of the accident, as well as noting down how you feel in the hours and days after the accident.
- Get a copy of the police report. Be sure to note the responding police officers name so you can get a copy of the completed police report. These are typically available within a couple days after the accident.
- Notify both insurance companies. Once you've informed the at-fault driver's insurance company of the accident, a claim number will be assigned to the case. Keep track of this.
- Consult with an experienced injury attorney. Motorcyclists are often blamed for their accidents and the insurance companies are trained to offer the lowest settlement possible. Don't settle for the first offer! Our San Bernardino motorcycle accident laywers can help you negotiate for the proper compensation to cover your injuries.
Common Causes of a Motorcycle Accident in San Bernardino
Often times, a motorcyclist is wrongfully accused of being the cause of an accident. Our motorcycle accident lawyers in San Bernardino are prepared to fight to ensure your rights are represented. Let's review some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Rear-end collisions
- Failure to be seen by other drivers
- Vehicle blindspots
Hire a San Bernardino Motorcycle Accident Attorney You Can Trust
A skilled attorney will fight to ensure that you are compensated for any current and future damages for medical treatment, property repairs and replacement, pain and suffering. Vetchtein Law has handled all types of personal injury cases and has achieved great success. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Don't wait to contact our San Bernardino motorcycle accident lawyer. Call our firm at (888) 499-3889 to schedule your free consultation.